Monday, September 12, 2011

Panty Pants


I’ve said this before and I will say it again, I am short.   I am 5’2” which means I almost always have to have my pants/jeans hemmed.  I have come to accept this fate and I generally don’t take issue with it.  What I do have an issue with are short “length” pants.  Sounds like a great idea right?  Pants already short so that you won’t need to go out and get everything hemmed before you wear them.  Well there is a gigantic problem with short length pants.  Instead of simply shortening the inseam, clothing manufacturers shorten the rise as well when making short length pants.  This means that any time I am in the market for short length pants I also better want them low rise.  I do not like low rise pants, especially on me.  I don’t want to be tugging at them all day or showing my parts to people every time I sit down.  I also do not have the butt for low rise meaning that I have a butt.  Why can’t the pant be shorter and the rise stay the same?  I do not know the answer to this perplexing question but the only solution then is to buy regular length pants so that the rise is normal because I do not want my business showing all over town.  Is this some sort of tailoring/alterations conspiracy?  Probably not; it’s most likely stupidity on the part of the manufacturer.  Below are some pictures I found of low-rise in the extreme. 

I like to call this picture WTF?  Sadly these jeans are offered on more than one site, just Google it and see! (For more enjoyment Google Men’s Ultra Low Rise Jeans)


No comments:

Post a Comment